The majority of things that people in the kingdom of darkness do were learned from the Bible. It is true when the Lord Jesus said, “…for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light” (Luke 16:8). It is unbelievable that the children of darkness understand spiritual things more than many Christians. The children of darkness create an incision on their heads for protection. The children of darkness fortify themselves and some bath blood, some swallow things.
But Christians do not bath the blood of Jesus or drink it. The act of the children of darkness is physical but what Christians do with the blood is symbolic. Before you go to that hospital, do you cover yourself with the blood of Jesus? The children of darkness wash their heads with luck soap for a favor.
But how many times do Christians anoint their head for a favor?
- In life, there is no accidental success.
- There is no accidental failure either.
- You either prepare for success or for failure.
- Those who succeed, God prepared them.
- There is no prophet that has become important in the house of God that is not anointed.
1 Samuel 16:10 says, “Again, Jesse made seven of his sons to pass before Samuel. And Samuel said unto Jesse, The LORD hath not chosen these.”
God sent the prophet Samuel to the house of Jesse. God wanted to choose another king for Israel. God told Samuel he wanted to choose from the house of Jesse but did not show him which of the sons. Jesse made his first son pass before Samuel but he was not chosen.
All the 7 sons of Jesse passed before Samuel but none was chosen. The prophet and the oil waited for the one who was not in the house to come. What belongs to your head shall not go to another person in Jesus Name.
1 Samuel 16:11-14 “And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all [thy] children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he comes hither. And he sent and brought him in. Now he [was] ruddy, [and] withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this [is] he. Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up and went to Ramah. But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.”
- That Spirit of God is the spirit of divine approval.
- Heaven approved David when the oil came upon his head.
- The Spirit of God came upon David but the Spirit of God departed from Saul and an evil spirit came upon him because someone must be denoted for others to be promoted.
1 Samuel 16:15-21 continues that “And Saul’s servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee. Let our lord now command thy servants, [which are] before thee, to seek out a man, [who is] a cunning player on the harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well. And Saul said unto his servants, Provide me now a man that can play well, and bring [him] to me. Then answered one of the servants, and said, Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, [that is] cunning in playing, and a mighty valiant man, and a man of war, and prudent in matters, and a comely person, and the LORD [is] with him. Wherefore Saul sent messengers unto Jesse, and said, Send me David thy son, which [is] with the sheep. And Jesse took an ass [laden] with bread, and a bottle of wine, and a kid, and sent [them] by David his son unto Saul. And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly, and he became his armourbearer.”
1. There are heads that attract favor and there are heads that reject favor.
In the kingdom of darkness, they can command the head of somebody not to attract favor. Such a person will be in the office but they will never remember to promote him, they will send others to different parts of the world to do courses but no one will remember him.
In the family of Jesse, God was looking for someone to promote the destiny. The oil of favor located only the head of David. His destiny was promoted. When the anointing of God comes upon a life, anything about such life will make a difference. Anointing of God is an auction to perform what ordinarily you could not perform.
2. David was not known even in his father’s house.
But after the oil came upon his head, he was not only known to his father’s house but also in the palace. There was a need to play music for the king and they could not find any other but David. It is the anointing of God that adds value to the life of man. David became important in the palace of the king.
According to Theologians, David was a rejected son. The father had 7 children and the 7 was enough. David was the 8th son so he was sent to the bush. How can you have 8 children but only one will be in the bush and stay overnight?
David was hated but he that is hated is the one God chooses. By the time his head was anointed, David became a star in the father’s house then he began to do what others could not do.
When the oil entered his life, he started the journey of destiny fulfillment. He became a solution to the battle others could not fight.
3. When David’s head was anointed to become the king of Israel, the Spirit of God came upon him and the Spirit of God departed from Saul.
When God rejected Saul, he was looking for a replacement so he anointed David. But the only obstacle was Saul. That notwithstanding, David helped Saul to win the battle against Goliath and cured his madness. Saul knew that the anointing of God was upon David so he sought to kill him. Except one sun sets another sun will not rise.
It is people that demanded for king Saul before God chose David for them. They rejected Samuel and said they wanted their king. You can see the head of Saul. The name of Saul ended with Saul. Because it was God that demanded for David, the name of David continues till today.
You cannot mention the name Jesus without reference to David- Jesus the son of David. There is a difference between the choice of man and the choice of God. When a man puts you in a position they will bring you down but when God puts you in position, no man can bring you down. Unless you receive the anointing, you cannot fulfill your destiny of greatness. Unless you receive divine anointing, you cannot dethrone the king on the seat of your destiny.
WHAT MUST YOU DO FOR YOUR HEAD NOT TO BE REJECTED LIKE THOSE 7 SONS OF JESSE?
- Surrender your life to Jesus Christ.
- Be a true born again Christian.
- Live holy and righteous life.
Anointing of God does not rest upon sinners. It is either you chose sin or the anointing of God.
4. Be a friend of God and don’t work against the purpose of God.
Love what God loves and hate what God hates. Ask God to remove from your life anything that will reject the favor of God.
For Counseling and prayers, you can click here to share your concerns with us
SAY THESE PRAYERS
- My head attracts the favor of God, in the Name of Jesus.
- O Lord my God, anoint my head to become a star in my father’s house in the Name of Jesus.
- Anything planted in my life to deny me of destiny fulfillment, be uprooted by fire in the Name of Jesus.
- Any evil authority over my head that does not want me to shine, my God shall uproot you today, die in the Name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and expose me to my divine helpers in the Name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and anoint me for uncommon favor in the Name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and anoint me for uncommon promotion in the Name of Jesus.