“O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. 95:4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today if ye will hear his voice”
Read Psalms 100:1-5, Psalms 107:21-22
“Oh, that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.”
These Bible passages are revealing the same thing.
They lay emphasis on the importance of praising God. Sacrifice means to offer something to honor God. It means to prepare something in order to honor God.
WE HAVE DIFFERENT KINDS OF SACRIFICE
1. The sacrifice of prayer.
Prayer is a sacrifice to God, but it is not all prayers to God that are answered. Prayer can also be rejected. There is always a meeting point for prayer and that meeting point must be sanctified.
2. The sacrifice of praise.
When we gather for the sacrifice of praise, all we do is praise God. Praise has the power to destabilize the enemy. The enemy does not want people to be happy so when you praise, they get confused.
Your faith determines how fast your miracle will come. It is the key that will start the vehicle of your miracle. Praise has the power to change the mind of God. Your prayer will move the hand of God but your praise will move the heart of God.
Praise from the heart of faith works miracles.
3. Sacrifice offering.
The offering can be in many forms. There is a fat offering, thanksgiving offering, peace offering, and others.
Every sacrifice has a voice.
Your gift can tell someone you love or hate him or her. The measure of your love is determined by the gift you give.
You will know you love someone by the measure of your sacrifice.
Women understand love than men. If a man loves a woman indeed, she knows. Your love can reveal what is in the mind of a woman.
Your sacrifice will show how much you love God. The gift has a voice and will show how much you appreciate somebody.
- The sacrifice of Abel spoke in his favor.
- The sacrifice of Noah spoke for him.
- The sacrifice of Abraham spoke for him.
God cursed the land because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve. But the sacrifice of Noah changed the mind of God that he will not destroy the land with water again.
If what you bring to God is gives him honor, he will honor you. If your sacrifice brings sweet savor to God, he will make your life sweet.
No wonder Jesus said the children of darkness are wiser than the children of light. They love their gods and offer any sacrifice for them.
The Bible says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son….” ( John 3:16) Many come before God with the sacrifice of Cain. They bring things of no value to God.
WHAT CAN SACRIFICE DO?
- Sacrifice opens the door of mercy.
- Sacrifice provokes the Grace of God upon your head.
- Sacrifice opens the doors of favor that has never opened for any member of your family to you.
- Your prayer does not give anything to God. It is your sacrifice that gives to God.
The sacrifice of Cain brought destruction to Cain and his generation.
WHEN TO GIVE SACRIFICE OF THANKSGIVING
- When God visits you.
- When the Lord shows you a deep secret like in Daniel 3.
- When you want your heaven of revelation to open.
- When you receive a blessing from God.
- When God removes your reproach and breaks yokes in your life.
1 Samuel 2: 2 says, “There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.”
This is the song of Hannah, offering the sacrifice of thanksgiving to God when God removed the reproach in her life.
- When God delivers you from bondage.
- When you escape from danger.
- When God delivers you from the hand of your enemy.
- When God gives you victory in any form.
- When God answers your prayer.
There are many ways you can show appreciation to God. One is through testimonies. Testimonies have the power to encourage others.
- After you offer your sacrifice of prayer.
Prayer without sacrifice is like planting without watering. The sacrifice after your prayer is called the sacrifice of faith.
- After your harvest. You work for 30 days and when you are paid you offer sacrifice.
When somebody blesses you, offer sacrifice. When you do business and you are paid, offer sacrifice.
For Counseling and prayers, you can click here
to share your concerns with us
SAY THESE PRAYERS
- Anything in my life that hate sacrifice unto God, I hate you by the blood of Jesus, die in the Name of Jesus.
- O Lord God my Father, forgive me if I ever sacrifice the sacrifice of Cain in the Name of Jesus.
- O Lord God my Father, I have sowed prayer in this 70 days prayer and fasting, give me the joy of harvest in the Name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, have mercy on me and accept my sacrifice of thanksgiving in the Name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life that will make my sacrifice to be rejected, I destroy you by the blood of Jesus, die in the Name of Jesus.
- O God my Father, arise and accept my sacrifice of thanksgiving in the Name of Jesus.
- Father in the Name of Jesus I thank you, for accepting my sacrifice of prayer, praise, and thanksgiving.