Exodus 15:1-11 “Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. 2. The LORD is my strength and song, and he becomes my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him a habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
3. The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name. 4Pharaoh’s chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea. 5 The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.
6. Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy. 7And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.
8 And with the blast of thy nostrils the waters were gathered together, the floods stood upright as an heap, and the depths were congealed in the heart of the sea.
9The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. 10Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. 11Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?”
God is our strength. That is why we don’t break down. The enemy tried to break us. The enemy was looking at our weakness but by the time they came, the Lord raised a standard against them. They plotted against you in your place of work, but they did not prevail. They plotted against you in your business but they are still seeing you standing. The enemy believed that they have silenced us but those that tried to break us will hear of our celebration because the Lord God is our strength.
Why did Pharaoh still pursue the Children of Israel even after he allowed them to go?
1. They have been slaves under him for 430 years.
Even when God has sent their prophet, a deliverer to them, Pharaoh was still looking at them as slaves.
2. Pharaoh did not know that their God has visited them.
Even when he looked at the signs and wonders that God did, he still saw the Children of Israel as slaves. When he was chasing them, what he never saw happened before happened and the water was parted into two. He was still looking at them as slaves.
- Pharaoh has weapons but the Children of Israel did not have.
- Pharaoh has won wars but the Children of Israel had not fought a war.
- Pharaoh was still looking at their past to judge them.
So he chased them and when the Red Sea parted into two, he was still chasing until he and his hosts perished. The enemy is still pursuing us and the Red Sea will swallow them in Jesus Name. The Bible says, “The enemy said,
- I will pursue, I will overtake,
- I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them;
- I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them.
These statements show they did not give room for escape for the Children of Israel. The enemies are having weapons that never failed them. They are saying you are not able to escape from them the previous years. Pharaoh said the same thing but it did not come to pass. Every battle following you every year will cease today in the Name of Jesus.
For Counseling and prayers, you can click here to share your concerns with us
SAY THESE PRAYERS
- Any evil pursuer, any bondage, any problem that has followed me into this year trying to pursue me into the coming year, die in the Name of Jesus.
- Battles following me from year to year, my case has changed, my door has appeared, you will not follow me into 2019, die in the Name of Jesus.
- Enemies, problems that followed into this year, you will not follow me into next year in the Name of Jesus.
- The Red Sea that swallowed the Egyptians swallow my evil pursuers in the Name of Jesus.