“And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. 2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. 3And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, 4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. 5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. 6And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.”
The story of God and father Abraham is very unique in the Bible. After the flood of the earth Noah and his children finally disappointed God.
Noah got drunk, slept naked, his son out of immaturity discovered his nakedness, and mocked his father, and his father placed a curse on him. Because he was so small, his father said he will be a slave to his brothers. In anger, he said he will even be a slave of slaves.
Noah had three children. One became the father of Asia. One became the father of the European nation and one became the father of the black nation.
That is why this generation will pack their resources and go and give to others for free. Some will even force themselves into slavery in those nations and some end up dying in the ocean.
But something happened. Our God is a perfect God and he made a way to redeem that cursed generation. The generation that was cursed was Canaan. When God called Abraham he gave him the land of Canaan in order to redeem him from that curse. Abraham has been walking with God, and there is no man that God calls and he suffers.
The Bible says in Matthew 11:28 that “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavily laden, and I will give you rest.”
Father Abraham was following God with the yoke of barrenness but he became a wealthy man. In Genesis 15 Abraham talked to God concerning barrenness that has been in his life. Some of us this day will say we are following God faithfully but are still lacking some things.
- Some will say they cannot find a good job.
- Some will say their business is not doing well.
- Some will say they cannot find partners.
- Some will say their children are not doing well and many more.
I don’t know your prayer that remains unanswered but I know that our God is faithful that he will never make a promise and fail. As long as what you are God is in line with his promises, you will get it. The condition is to follow God, walk with God, and become perfect. The only thing that can give you enduring joy is our relationship with God.
Anything that you can get and your relationship with God will not be sustained is not from God. That is why the Bible says, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matthew 6:33.
There is nothing you have that can give you permanent joy except God. One thing you must know is that every breakthrough will come with a different challenge.
If you get a new job you will rejoice but when you start, you will meet challenges. That is why Jesus said, “But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.” Matthew 13:25
When the children of Israel left Egypt they rejoiced until they got to the wilderness. Except you walk with God and become perfect you cannot overcome the challenges.
The interest of father Abraham is the promise that God has promised him. However, the interest of God was for father Abraham to be perfect in his relationship with him.
God will not answer a prayer when your interest is different from his interest.
Many of us are walking with God but our character does not show we have a relationship with God.
God said if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remembers that your brother has offended you, leave your gift before the altar, first be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.
Matthew 5:23, 24.
- We are expected to become perfect in our walk with God. Instead, we are doing the contrary.
- What people cannot do outside, they do it in the house of God.
- We are afraid to go to the office late but we are not afraid to come to Church late.
- We fear men but don’t fear God.
This is why the promise of God has delayed in the life of many.
Why has the promise of God delayed in the life of father Abraham?
- Father Abraham later began to doubt the promise of God.
- Abraham and his with because of doubt believed that they could help themselves.
His wife asked him to go to her maid and he also went.
- Father Abraham disobeyed the commandment of God.
God said he should come out of his father’s house and away from his kindred. But he carried one of his kindred along.
If you study carefully, you will notice that until lot left Abraham the promise was never fulfilled. God does not look at our mouth but our hearts. When you go to Church and complain, you doubt his promise. Instead of complaining be determined to walk with God and become perfect.
- To become perfect means to please God.
- To become perfect means to walk with obedience.
- To become perfect means to stop the small, small sin. There is no difference between small sin and big sin before God. Every sin is sin.
- To become perfect means to always trust God.
Therefore, to become perfect in your relationship with God, look at what pleases you and if it will not please God, change and walk away from it.
This year, work on your relationship with God and you will see the changes. Your relationship with God will determine how God will answer your prayer. The Lord God has given us another opportunity. He wants us to be perfect in our relationship with him.
Therefore, be perfect in your walk with God and in your relationship with God. Be perfect in your relationship with people and walk with faith.
For Counseling and prayers, you can click here to share your concerns with us
SAY THESE PRAYERS
- Powers that turn breakthrough into bondage in my father and mother’s house I am not your candidate, die in the Name of Jesus.
- Powers turning marriage to affliction in my father and mother’s house, I am not your candidate die in the Name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life that did not allow my life to please God, you will not follow me this year die in the Name of Jesus.
- Any sin in my life that did not allow God to answer my prayers you will not continue with my life this year, die in the Name of Jesus.
- This year, I reject the lame miracle in the Name of Jesus.
- Anything in my life affecting my relationship with God, I reject you by the power in the blood of Jesus die in the Name of Jesus.
- Power to have a perfect relationship with God come upon my life in the Name of Jesus.