“Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”
In our previous message, we learned that every man or woman that God has created with the seed of greatness. Everything around us shows that;
- We are created in the image of God, in the likeness of God with the attributes of God.
- One of the attributes of God is to do great things and that seed is in our life.
- The discoveries in science and technology are a sign that the seed of greatness is planted inside man.
That seed is planted in every man and woman. That is why we must not agree with any power that wants to limit the power of greatness in us. There was a day that the word of God came to father Abraham, just like it is coming to you now.
Father Abraham at that time was nobody. Father Abraham at that time was an idol worshipper. He received the grace of God, just like you and I received the grace of God. God appeared to father Abraham and told him, “I will make you great, make your name great, and bless your generation”.
My Friend, what came to father Abraham was not a bag of money but the word which you are also receiving today. Father Abraham believed the word and obeyed. Many of us today do not have the time to hear the word of God.
Take note of this, that;
- Wherever the word of God cannot enter, the blessing of God cannot enter.
- Wherever the word of God cannot enter, the light of God cannot enter.
- Wherever the word of God cannot enter, God cannot enter.
- Wherever the word of God cannot enter, the miracle of God cannot enter the place.
Before the first miracle of our Lord Jesus happened, it was his word that entered first. The word of God is God himself. God does not need to struggle before he does what he wants to do.
Once you receive his word, everything he promises will come to pass.
Before our Lord Jesus came, they said greater miracles cannot happen in Nazareth. This is because the people of Nazareth did not believe in the word.
Therefore our Lord Jesus departed to Capernaum and greater miracles happened there, that even the people of Nazareth began to travel to Capernaum to see the miracle.
Once the word cannot grow in your life, miracles cannot happen.
The Bible says, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.” (John 1:1,4-5)
1. The call of God upon man is a call into greatness.
Jesus said, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
2. The call of God upon any man or woman is a call into comfort.
Our Lord Jesus says in John 10:10 that “… I have come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.”
3. The call of God to any man or woman is a call into a life of abundance.
That is why anything that will limit this in our life is an enemy of our greatness. We are called into a life of greatness and abundance and not to a life of poverty. Many people believe that Christianity is about being poor but this is ignorance.
If you know your father is the one who created heaven and earth, and everything belongs to him, you will know that you are not poor. Poverty has to do with the ignorance of members. Most Christians do not know their identity. And if you don’t know your identity, Satan will give you one.
When father Abraham was called, he was having nothing. But when he began to follow God diligently, his greatness began to manifest.
It is not that there was no trouble, It is not that the journey was not rough. But the God that he served was beside him at all times.
There were difficult times in the life of father Abraham that made him to even exchange his wife for food.
Abraham found a KEY. That key is of obedience.
This key of obedience is not in the life of many Christians today. Many of us are serving the God we don’t want to obey.
But the God you don’t obey cannot bless you. A wife that does not obey the husband cannot enjoy the husband.
If you want to live a life of greatness on earth, we must obey.
Now, Why do Christians struggle?
- It is because we believe that we can help ourselves. Those who follow Satan obey him and offer sacrifices before they get what they want. But those who are following God believe that they can disobey God and still get his blessings.
- Some men are praying to God for wife but they sleep with any woman that comes their way and still expect God to answer them.
- Some women are praying to God for a godly husband but sleep with any man they think has money and expect God to answer them. You that person who wants a godly wife or godly husband, are you godly?
- Immediately we believe that we can help ourselves, God steps aside. There is nothing that God blesses and it remains poor. When God gives you one divine idea, that idea will take you and your generation away from poverty forever.
The key is obedience. You are not a Christian because you are attending a Church. If it were so, everyone that comes to Ghana will be a Ghanaian.
Know this for sure,
- You are not a Christian because you have a Christian name. If it were so, people give dogs and monkey names of humans and those animals once bearing such names will become humans.
- You are not a Christian because you were baptized in water. If it were so, everyone swimming in water is a Christian.
- You are not a Christian because you pay tithe. You are a Christian because you are a follower of Christ.
- You are a Christian because you are born again. You are a Christian because you are delivered from sin.
- You are not a Christian when your faith is built on the doctrine of men. There are many religions in the world and Christianity is not a religion.
- Christianity is a way of life in Christ.
Is your character confirming you are a follower of Christ? Many Christians are poor because they are living a life of disobedience. If the word of God is not controlling and directing your life, then you are not obedient.
We understand in Romans 8 that who you yield your life to shall be your God. If you yield your life to God, you live for God. If you yield your life to Satan, you are Satan’s. If you yield your life to sin, you will live a life of sin.
Many Christians remain poor because they don’t obey God.
REVELATIONS FROM GENESIS 12:1-3
1. No man can become great in life without God.
This is why what the world calls success is different from what God calls success. Success in the world is known by material accumulation.
2. It is not just hard work that makes a man great in life but God.
This is why those that concentrate on their work alone and neglect God end up in failure. Anything you have that is rooted in God will not last.
3. It is God that can make man climb the mountain of success without stress.
The Bible says, “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.” (Proverbs 10:22) He that runs with God will end well. You cannot follow God and end up in the valley of sorrow.
4. When men lift you up, you can’t go beyond the length of their hand. But when God lifts you up, there is no limitation.
When you put your trust in a man that can’t even help himself you will end up in failure. Let the hand of God that has no limitation lift up your destiny in the Name of Jesus.
5. Man can only promote you to the level of his authority but the promotion of God has no limitation.
What is limiting us is the disobedience to the commandment of God. Another name for born again is changing. The day you decide to follow God and obey him is the beginning of your greatness.
WHAT MUST YOU DO TO RECEIVE THE LIFE OF GREATNESS?
What must you do for God to be connected to the God of opportunity?
The answer can be found in Deuteronomy 28:9-13
“The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them”.
Abraham answered the call of God unto greatness and he became great. The choice is for you to hearken to his commandment and do according to his word. God can make you great by revelation.
God can make you great by connecting you to somebody. God can make you great by transferring you to another place. God can make you great by taking you through the journey of opportunities.
God can make you great by opening your eyes to greatness. God can make you great by blessing what you are doing.
But the condition is obedience. God bless you!
For Counseling and prayers, you can click here to share your concerns with us
SAY THESE PRAYERS
- Revelations of my greatness come out by fire in the Name of Jesus.
- Powers limiting my greatness, wherever you are, die in the Name of Jesus.
- The seed of greatness inside me, hear the voice of the Lord, manifest by fire in the Name of Jesus.
- The seed of greatness inside my life come alive in the Name of Jesus.
- O God, arise and open my eyes to my greatness in the Name of Jesus.
- Hands of God that has no limitation lift up my destiny in the Name of Jesus.
- Powers limiting stars in my father and mother’s house saying that I shall not be great, die in the Name of Jesus.